Great question! If its your first time or have a new style in mind, then we highly recommend booking a consultation with us before we book in your hair service. And don’t forget to bring an inspirational photo or two it’s always helpful.
All consultations require a deposit. Our curl specialists work tirelessly to give you a great experience and because you that, we are usually fully booked and so, we do this in order to secure your appointment just for you.
The service can take approximately 2 hours, but may vary with each individual’s hair.
In salon our cut service includes:
- The cut
- Defining Process
- Curl home maintenance education
Yes: If booking a stand-alone consultation there is a cost of $50
No: If booking a consultation alongside a service, the consultation is included in the service price.
Yes: if a service booking re: the consultation is made within 2 months then indeed it is otherwise,
No: After two months another consultation would be required as there may be changes that could affect the initial style discussed. In which the consultation service will be paid.
Rumbie & Co. is a safe space for anyone who walks through our doors. You work hard and we can understand how hectic life can be so when you come into the salon you can take a break and expect our team to offer you a complimentary beverage when you arrive. Before your service, all our clients a relaxing visarome massage as a part of our welcoming ritual using a choice of diluted essential oils for you to relax.
It is important that we are able to help your curls thrive and so in order to ensure that we can allocate our time for you accordingly, we require at least 48hours notice for all cancellations. Please have a look at our policy around cancellations before you make a booking
We put together some little more detailed tips on the website on how to prepare for your first appointment and what to expect 🙂
Please note that if your hair is not detangled extra charges will apply to detangling or we may have to reschedule your appointment.
If you have hair extensions, cornrows, or any kind of braids, twists, we recommend taking them out prior to your appointment or book in for a hair extension removal before your desired service. This will help us allocate the right amount of time to get your full service.
- There is street parking around the area some all day, some paid and some just timed. We suggest coming in a little early to find parking.
- You can also pay for parking at the Seymour Center up the street.
Redfern station is an approximate 7 min walk to the salon or Central Train station is a 17 min walk with regular buses that go along City Road which is close to the salon as well so it’s easy to get to.
- Confirming appointments allows us to prepare for your appointment accordingly.
- A text message will be sent 48 hours before your appointment, we ask that you please respond to the text.
- Please do not respond to the text message with more than “Yes” or “No” as this is an automated text
There are various factors that contribute to this. This can vary from
- curl type: whether it makes the mode of styling easier or more challenging.
- hair length or volume: whether it then increased desired style time more than the prescribed industry time,
- products used: if more product than the prescribed industry standard is used some extra charges may be made.
- For an accurate price based on what you would like, please book in some time to have a consultation with our curl specialists to get a more accurate quote on your desired style.
- Please note that our relationship managers on front desk can assist you with basic hair questions to set you up for your appointment but our curl specialists may not be able to answer specific enquiries and questions during working hours as the team is usually back to back serving other clients. In which case, feel free to book in a consultation
All our hair service and prices are available on the website. We are dedicated to providing the best service for your curls and our services offered are a reflection of the time and level of expertise gone into achieving your desired looks
Please note that a trim and a cut cost the same as they take the same amount of time.
- We have high volumes of calls daily and we also have a very busy salon while we are trying our best to work on these teething issues, we may not be able to pick up your calls.
That being said, we have put in place systems to ensure we can get back to you as soon as we can. Please feel free to leave us a voice message 93180698 or an email [email protected] and a friendly staff member will get back to you as soon as possible.
- The earlier the better, curl friends! Weekends and evenings tend to be the most popular days/ times for our curl clients.
- We would recommend booking 2 weeks to even a month in advance especially if Friday’s or Saturday’s are your most preferred days.
- If you can’t find a slot you want online, you can give us a call and one of our friendly staff will let you know our current availabilities.
Don’t despair, we do have a waitlist too! Let us know what your preferences are and we will see what we can do.
Yes, we most certainly do, all ages and all curls are welcome.
We cut hair from 1 year +. Please feel free to come with anything that you think will help keep your little one occupied and distracted if need be 🙂 we would love nothing more than for their hair appointments to be a great experience for them too.
First of all, congratulations!
- You came either call or email to organise a bridal consultation or you can
- Complete the bridal consultation form on our website.
- If you haven’t completed the bridal consultation form online, our team will send you the form. To help make your day what you’ve envisioned.
- Please note that we require a minimum of 4 people to be styles in order for our team to travel to your location otherwise we are happy to book you in for your styling in salon.
- Please bring your vision, your inspiration, your theme.
Well we do stock some hair extensions, we can order hair to achieve your desired look. Please book in for a consultation to discuss textures as we offer curly hair extensions, length, and pricing for hair with one of our curl specialists.
Yes! We work with great brands made specifically for curly hair and you are more than welcome to come in to the salon to do some shopping that being said, online store coming through.
Yes we do. Pricing will vary based off of the style. You will need to send us an image of your desired style so we can book enough time.
For curly hair, a dry cut allows you to have your curls designed the way you want them before the shape is altered by wetting it.
The cut techniques we employ enhance the natural curl pattern of your hair and creates well-defined curls.
A curly dry cut takes about 30-60 minutes (dependent on volume or state of hair). Because our curl specialists will shampoo and dry the hair, teaching you the detangling and shampooing process may be and extra 15 minutes. The drying process will be dependent on each individual’s hair from 10- 60 minutes so total service so put aside approx 2.5 hours.
Ready to simplify your curls?